Community Roadmap

Hey IoTers

Following up the last core members meeting and based on the different topics listed here:

I’ve created what I call a “table needs”, from this table needs we can have the main themes for the roadmap, you’ll see goals, outcomes and possible way to measure them.

The table is on google sheets, which I though is the best possible tool so everyone can have access on and comment.

I propose after the Goals have been agreed, then we can start develop the roadmap and the subset of plan to achieve each goal, for example, develop the Wiki.

Have a go and let me know if there’s an issue with accessibility of the document.

Table needs for roadmap:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LUKQoYE90BP5UUfx_heby6kJQnI4MWBnRUb6lSpczxM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks Cesar, 

Re the literature, we will need to think through how we distribute larger documents. I think the plan is to sell full practice notes through the EA Books website. So for taht # downloads is right. However, I anticipate, we will have a heap of literature free on the Resources section of the website. So the metric there will be # of page visits. 

For webinars, the metric will be # attendees, Average number of attendees. It would be good to graph this over time and aim for an upward trend. 

IOT challenges could have #of participants as well. 

I think the chart also needs an overall outcomes sections . This would have a metric of the the overall number of members of the community and perhaps a percentage of members that are actively contributing. Could also have sponsorship revenue as a metric as this will underpin our ability to support the community.

On 11 July 2016 at 11:53 AM, Tim Kannegieter said:

I think the chart also needs an overall outcomes sections . This would have a metric of the the overall number of members of the community and perhaps a percentage of members that are actively contributing

@Tim Kannegieter do you have rough number to see how will look like. Perhaps validate at least the overall metric i.e community engagement for the next core meeting. 

Furthermore, looking at the post Value Measurement-IoT Practice Community  @Ankur Barua there are here some interesting topics and I will use some of the timeframes for the first version of the roadmap and we'll see how it goes. 

Map Needs for Roadmap.xlsx

@Cesar The membership numbers can be found at the bottom of the first page. @Geoff Sizer and I thought we should aim for about 1000 as an initial goal. Re % active, perhaps our administrator @Peter Gates can tell us if there is a report available on what percentage of members have made posts. There is a whole heap of stuff in the admin section of the website, that I haven't had time to learn about. We need and eager volunteer to learn all the backend of the platform to generate this kind of information, as Peter wont normally be doing it.