Vodaphone hiring - NB-IoT coming??

Tim Kannegieter

Without endorsing Vodaphone in any way, I found this advertisement on Seek interesting.

https://www.seek.com.au/job/33081587?savedSearchID=13153406&tracking=JMC-SAU-eDM-JobMail4.01-3881

covering " Internet of Things and Machine 2 Machine (M2M) communications, Industrial Connectivity Hardware and Professional Services."

In particular, they are asking for someone to help  "ensuring that the overall company is aware of M2M and IoT hardware". 

So finally we see the telcos realising that its not enough to provide connectivity, they actually have to understand the environment they will be operating in. It doesn't mention any solution types but I assume this means their NB-IoT offering is not far away. 

What else do you read into this?

If ever I saw a job description with a foot in both the engineering and marketing camps, that's it!

I'd love to meet the person they hire; some pretty special qualities will be required with such a broad remit.

I reckon Anat Efron from Thinxtra had those qualities (she was seriously impressive!), so I know there are people like that out there.