Title: 7 things you should know about IOT – before you start your next project
Description: It’s impossible for any one person to get their head around every detail of the Internet of Thing. By paying attention to these critical areas you can maximise the benefits that IoT can bring to your next project.
Every new project being planned today should be taking into account the new possibilities that the Internet of Things (IoT) brings to the table. However, for those new to the field the vast array of technologies and considerations can be hard to get your head around.
The IoT Engineering Community of Engineers Australia is in the process of distilling its body of knowledge to just seven key points that every engineer should take into account before starting their next project.
This session of the IoT Community will discuss the key technologies and processes including business planning, skills development, architecture, communications, sensors and electronics, cloud and analytics, and security. For each area we will present “the one thing you should know” and the panelists will debate the merit the point. Come armed with your own questions.
About the presenters:
- Dr Tim Kannegieter: Tim is the knowledge manager of Engineers Australia with a long history of engineering journalism.
- Geoff Sizer: Geoff is CEO of Genesys Electronics Design and a past chair of Engineers Australia’s ITEE College
- Andrew Forster-Knight: Andrew is Group Manager Intelligent Systems, South East Water
- Andrew Skinner: Andrew is the Engineering Director at MEA
- Frank Zeichner: Frank is an Industry Associate Professor at UTS and CEO of the IoT Alliance Australia